Wednesday 17 February 2010

Coventry Cathedral






I spent Monday morning this week hanging the panels in Coventry Cathedral on a specially made 12ft supporting screen just inside the main entrance. Each panel is lit by a spotlight and I'm very pleased with the result. You can also see the ruins of the old Cathedral through the glass screen which is quite poignent given that my centre panel commemorates the Coventry blitz of seventy years ago. Maybe as a result of their presence I will get to meet some survivors of that terrible night in November 1940. The panels will remain on show until the 3rd of April ie. for the six weeks of Lent.

Many of you will have received a Newsletter and invitation to the informal reception there at 1pm. on Saturday 27th. I will be giving a short introduction to the panels and look forward to meeting up with a few friends from the Midlands.

If you need an invitation card ( otherwise there is a Cathedral entrance fee) e-mail me at roy.beryl@virgin.net and I will send you one.

1 comment:

  1. I visited Coventry Cathedral on 22 July and was moved to tears at the panels. Where willthey go from Coventry Is it possible to buy a copy of the thoughts, poetry, writing etc. which were alongside the panels.

    ReplyDelete