Monday 21 April 2014

NO MAN'S LAND


An exhibition with work in progress

As we are now in the Centenary year of the outbreak of World War One I am focussing on that phase of my ongoing Evilution Project.  As mentioned in the previous blog, my two week exhibition at the Salthouse Gallery St Ives starts on Friday 2nd May. I will be showing a number of storyboxes, small framed constructions using documents, poetry and various items of ephemera related to life in the trenches on the Western Front.
The Coventry triptych and the Holocaust panel, from the first phase of my project, will also be on show along with the first of my hand made artists books and other related works.
Throughout the exhibition I will be working on a large triptych entitled ‘No Man’s Land’, depicting an area of battleground complete with barbed wire, shell cases, mud and duckboards! 
I am hoping this will generate some interaction with the public who will contribute their own stories or those of their family. I also hope they will leave their thoughts and opinions on conflict on our ‘Siegried Line’.
The exhibition will be open daily 10.30 -4.30 and runs from Friday May 2nd. until Wednesday May 14th. I will be in the gallery each day and look forward to the possibility of seeing friends old and new.



No comments:

Post a Comment